To submit a request for support, first log into your dashboard. On the left-hand side, you’ll see a menu of options. Select the “Submit a Request for Support” option.
Once you’ve clicked “Submit a Request for Support,” you will be guided through the following 4 steps:
- Business challenge: Choose the business challenge that you’re trying to solve from a list of options including product market fit, branding and positioning, measuring and reporting impact, and more. If you don't see an option that corresponds to your current business challenge, you can select 'other'. You'll have the opportunity to add more details about your unique challenge before submitting your request.
- Skills: Add up to 5 skills that a professional would need to help you solve your problem. (Note: we highly recommend selecting all 5, as it helps the chances of finding a good match, quickly.) Based on the business challenge you selected in the previous step, our platform will suggest 5 recommended skills at the top of the drop-down list. However, you can still browse the full list and replace any suggested skills with more relevant ones.
- Support Type: How would you like a professional to support you? You can select one (or more) of the following options:
- Advice: have a short, one-time advice call with an industry expert related to a specific question
- Mentor: find someone to help you gain new perspectives, share expertise, and provide guidance over a longer time period
- Coach: find someone who can help you think through challenges and arrive at your own solutions related to growing your team, business, and personal development over a longer time period
- Trainer: find someone to develop materials and facilitate a session for your team around a specific topic
- Consultant: find someone to provide prolonged support related to a specific project or deliverable, including execution support
By selecting more than one support type, you’re able to submit two projects at once through a single form. For more guidance about choosing the right support type for you, check out this FAQ.
- Final details: What else would a potential match need to know to decide whether they are a good fit for your needs? Depending on the support type(s) you choose in the previous step, you’ll see free text boxes to provide things like a description of your project, and what a professional can learn by working with you.
When you’re done, click the green “Submit for Review” button at the bottom of the page. From there, our Matching Team will review your project to verify that it meets our guidelines, and notify you to either request more information or to let you know that it’s published on the platform and discoverable by experteers. At any time, you can click “My Support Requests” from the drop down menu beneath your name in the upper-right corner of your dashboard, which will show you a list of all your projects, along with their statuses.